JANICE KENNEDY - Contract Position
COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT INITIATIVE
As a result of the 2012 Community Development and Capacity Building Framework and subsequent national and regional initiatives, Saskatchewan has developed a Community Development Strategy. This strategy begins with the premise that community change must start with the community and the approach must be flexible, adaptive and inclusive. The Community Development Strategy has five main components:
- Community Navigator and Community Advisory Team
- Comprehensive Community Plan (CCP)
- Capacity Self-Assessment
- Online Indicators, Dashboard
WHAT IS COMPREHENSIVE COMMUNITY PLANNING?
Comprehensive community planning (CCP) is a wholistic process undertaken with broad community participation. A comprehensive approach:
- Enables the community to establish a vision for its future and implement projects to achieve this vision
- Helps ensure that community projects and programs are thought through, make sense and are the best use of resources; and
- Integrates and links all other plans the community has produced.
- Benefits of Planning for Our Community
- Once in place, an effective community plan can:
- Empower the community. The community becomes more self-aware, creates its own future, and has the tools to respond to change in an effective manner.
- Improve performance. Having a plan leads to informed decision-making, combines fragmented efforts, decreases duplication, enables efficient use of resources, and identified and solves organizational problems.
- Build teamwork and expertise. Planning improves communications within First Nation’s government, builds managerial and staff skills and supports capacity-building efforts.
SWEETGRASS FIRST NATION COMPREHENSIVE COMMUNITY PLAN 2022 - coming soon
More in this section:
Chief & Council
Meet the dedicated leaders of Sweetgrass First Nation - our Chief and Council. Committed to serving our community, they uphold our traditions and values while steering us towards a prosperous future. Learn about their roles, initiatives, and their unwaver
Finance & Administration
Discover how the Sweetgrass First Nation manages its Finance & Administration. We believe in complete transparency and effective governance. Our dedicated team ensures the smooth functioning of our community services, the sustainability of our resources,
Explore the unique system of Governance at Sweetgrass First Nation. We blend traditional Indigenous governance with contemporary practices, respecting our ancestral laws and customs while navigating the complexities of the modern world. Learn about our go
Community Development Initiative
Discover the Community Development Initiative of Sweetgrass First Nation. Committed to building a brighter future for our people, we undertake projects that empower our community, foster growth, and strengthen our bond. Learn about our current initiatives
Explore the Economic Development initiatives at Sweetgrass First Nation. We're fostering an environment of prosperity and growth, promoting Indigenous entrepreneurship, and embracing sustainable practices. Learn about our local businesses, economic strate
Browse through the Annual Reports of Sweetgrass First Nation, showcasing our yearly progress, achievements, and milestones. Our commitment to transparency and accountability is reflected in these comprehensive reports. Get insights into our community's de
Journey through the rich and diverse history of Sweetgrass First Nation. From our earliest roots to the vibrant community we are today, discover the events, traditions, and stories that have shaped us. Our history is a testament to our resilience, our str